Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Will I succeed at this?

Hmm, well I'm glad I'm just blogging to myself so far since I'm failing the picture test. BUT! You know what? I have a fancy phone and really I could use that when all else fails - I just need to remember to plate and picture. Last weekend was a frenzy of kitchen work For the upcoming ski trip that starts today I made the following:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Chip and Walnut cookies
2 (yes 2!) types of check mix
a huge (not an understatement) pan of Lasagna

In addition I made a lovely vegetable soup that I've been enjoying. Saturday's dinner was yummy: Roasted Salmon with Sesame Broccoli and a lentil brown rice pilaf. I've been playing with this pilaf and I just love it, I need to write down the recipe next time so I can really share. My husband love it, of course a little pancetta goes a long way with a man.... For dessert we had an Apple Cherry Crisp plain for me, with ice cream for Joe. The crisp was wonderful with unrefined/unbleached sugar the perfect hearty flavor. I really find I prefer that flavor to refined sugar, which is a good thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment