Sunday, March 6, 2011

Cookies

Need the title say anything more?  Everyone loves cookies!  Or so my husband would have you believe, and apparently he might be right.

Yesterday our local Kiwanis club, of which I am secretary, had our annual Stars of Tomorrow event.  It is a talent show for our communities youth and one of our main fundraisers.  Every year we sell cookies and water at intermission.  But, we sell cheap store cookies that it pains me to purchase.  This year I offered to make all the cookies for the event.  Wow - a lot of work.   But, woohoo, a huge success - in my humble opinion.

So I wanted to make decorated sugar cookies and for those that needed chocolate, I made regular Chocolate Chip Walnut Oatmeal cookies.  We will focus on the decorated sugar cookies.  First, I needed the right shape and I found the perfect one, a music note!  I cut out cookies in the shape of music notes and stars. 



I used the Basic Rolled Sugar Cookie Dough on Karenscookies.net.   This really is a good tasting, easy to roll out dough.  I've mentioned this site in the past, but it is amazing.  Karen has the best tutorials and recipes.  She is ever so helpful and has nifty things to purchase such as the music note cookie cutter and the adjustable rolling pin, which has fast become my favorite item in my kitchen.    Ok, back to the cookies...

I did the stars all differently, but I decorated the music notes all the same.



And, while they don't look perfect next to each other on the pan ....


When wrapped in clear cellophane and ribbon, they looked great!  Each little package had one star and one music note.


Both types of cookies sold out well before intermission ended, so I vote that while the lines may not have been perfect and I could use practice getting an even layer of glaze on my cookies, this was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment