Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Paris Final Full Day

Well, I get up tomorrow morning and return to Charles De Gaulle airport to fly out, via the metro/train system through which I arrived.  Today was a lovely last day in Paris.  Today we took 4 different metro lines and did lots of walking, crossing Paris to do final shopping.

We had normal every day views of streets, parks, monuments, and beautiful buildings.





We had the perfect final two hour lunch in the 12th arrondissement at this lovely corner restaurant.  It was beautiful inside, with molded ceilings and chandeliers.  I'd heard that the beef in France was really good, but have not had any red meat since arriving, so today I ordered a tenderloin, med rare, covered in browned shallots with green beans.  Oh my.  you could almost cut the meat with a fork and it melted in my mouth.  It was done perfectly and served with a hearty brown bread accompaniment.  Even the beans were perfect. We enjoyed a glass of wine at lunch for the first time since I've been here.  Everyone has wine for lunch, but I'm always afraid of needing an afternoon nap!  But just one did ok, especially since we, of course, followed it up with dessert and coffee.



The dessert was a lovely meringue with a vanilla cream and berries that we shared.  It was huge!  Just the perfect way to end a stay in Paris.

We shopped for chocolate and other goodies to take home.  We didn't shop at the following store, but I had to take a picture and show the Paris Apple store for those Apple maniacs out there, no sign just flags.



I have fully enjoyed learning about Paris and the French people.  While they do have great bread, we have places that we can get good bread in the US also.  But, we can't touch the French when it comes to desserts and sweets.  Their pastries and chocolates look as good as they taste and one can tell that centuries of practice have gone into them.

I'm packed, checked in and ready.  If all goes well, I leave Paris at 11:15 AM and arrive in Rock Springs, Wy at 9:00 PM.  Love gaining those eight hours back!

While I will be happy to be home, I am sad to leave.  This has been a great trip.  Kim has been wonderful to have me share her apartment and play with me these past two weeks.  Thanks Kim and have a great "rest of your trip"!

No comments:

Post a Comment