Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beginning Foray into Missoula foods

What local foods have I already found here in Montana?

Well my neighbors brought by a box of their homegrown tomatoes, potatoes, and squash.  The most awesome welcome to the neighborhood present ever!

Below is the first real meal I made in my kitchen.   I started with this local Montana grown chicken roasted.  Look how plump.



I paired this with some spaghetti squash topped with my neighbors tomato roasted and some shaved Parmesan.


Oh, don't forget the rolls from the local bakery!


And I have to mention the goods which have already come from my land!  We have an Asian Pear tree,


a Gala apple and a Macintosh apple tree,


a plum tree and raspberries, which are of course not producing right now!

So far Joe and I have been eating the pears and apples on cereal and for snacks.  But I've also made applesauce and these little sweet bread apple kuchens.



And let's not forget the local beer!  We are already enjoying the joy of growlers.  This lovely growler full of Rye Sally Rye from the Tamarack Brewing Company was waiting for me in my fridge at the end of last Friday's work day!


In addition to all of these, we've enjoyed a locally and organically grown Rump Roast and have local Montana honey and flour in the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment