Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Mystery Plant

As I may have mentioned, one of the hardest things about moving was giving away all my plants.  There just was not space during the move.  They found wonderful homes with good friends, but I arrived without all the plants I'd taken care of for eight years. 

Well I already have some new plants.  I've had some amazing friends send me some!  I've bought only one so far.  And, the previous owners left me three very cool plants and one of them is super intriguing to me.  Does anyone know what this is?

I have two.  This one has red throughout it's leaves, but the other one is mostly just green.  But, the flowers are what intrigue me!    Notice the bottom right of the picture.

You can practically watch them grow.  First, you notice the pretty fluted holder.


Then all of a sudden something red is growing out of them.



And then surprise, a couple days later they open up!



Now they are both open and they last quite a few days.  How fun!



2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is, but it sure is pretty. I'd also like you to know that when I moved I owned two house plants: one of them was from you, and one of them was from my mom. I refused to leave them behind because I was so proud of myself for keeping them alive. Here I am, nearly 3 years later and in another state and the plant you gave me is STILL alive and thriving! Can you believe it? I think of you every time I water it (we don't talk much, but I do thank it for hanging in there with me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome Emma! I knew plants would love you. :)

    ReplyDelete