Monday, April 22, 2013

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'm lucky enough to live in a place where I can get a gluten free piece of German Chocolate Cake or even a donut if I really want one.  Thank you GoodieVille!  But, I still prefer to make things myself as much as possible to minimize sugar, so I've been on a kick trying to make gluten free cookies.

I know many of you are also trying out gluten free options for various reasons, so I thought I'd post even if it wasn't an original recipe so you can sort through the many gluten free options on the web.


First I tried these Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from the Cookie and Kate blog.  I really enjoyed these.  They weren't the prettiest cookies and the spread out even after I cooled them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.   But that may have been the grated chocolate.

I followed this recipe pretty much as stated at the link.  I really finely chopped/grated the chocolate and didn't skimp on the chocolate.


I used butter, as I have another coconut oil recipe coming up shortly for you.  I also used the Maple Syrup and I chilled the dough.


The cookies still spread out and the chocolate made them pretty dark, but I found them to be yummy and they hit the chocolate chip cookie spot!


I'll leave you with one of my favorite things right now ... this violet on my kitchen windowsill.  I've never been able to successfully grow violets, but now I have a place where a violet will not only grow - but it will bloom!  Success!



No comments:

Post a Comment