Saturday, June 1, 2013

Gardens and Napkins

It's a busy spring here in Montana as we enjoy hikes and visitors, while working in our gardens and outside, all mixed up with plenty of work travel. 

There's lots of Lupine on our land, but this beautiful one in my flower
bed is half purple and half pink, so pretty!

Here's a quick update on a fun project I attacked recently with some of my current favorite flowers from the garden.  I apologize, my camera wasn't taking the best pictures today - I'm sure it had nothing to do with the picture taker!

I've had this blog post for quick and easy cloth napkins saved for two years now, http://kirtsy.com/2011/07/25/cloth-napkins-how-to/?kp=YToxOntzOjE6ImkiO2k6NDAyO30


Well, I finally broke in my new sewing machine with these easy napkins.  I plan on making more, but so far I've made three different versions with fun fabrics I found.


Each version has one main fabric and then two other fabrics that go with it.



I've made eight of each type of napkin. 


My goal is to have a whole basket full of fun napkins that we can just grab as needed and then throw in the wash.


The gardens on all sides of the house are coming together and it seems each day something different is blooming. 



I'm just amazed by these white bleeding hearts.  Love them!

I'll leave you with this pretty purple columbine (I think that's what it is).  I have pink ones in the front flower beds and purple in the back.  I hope all of you are taking on your challenges with as much joy as this little flower did when it didn't let these rocks get in it's way!

No comments:

Post a Comment