Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Recent Blooms

My Mom ....
She left me with early memories and a love for bleeding hearts, little bleeding hearts


and larger bleeding hearts.

 
She gave me the ability to enjoy digging in the dirt, and pulling weeds while exclaiming over the first forget-me-knots,


and geraniums, maybe a Sticky Geranium.


She gave me the wonder that makes me look out the window each morning to see how many new little flowers are in the strawberries,


or what bushes have suddenly turned yellow.


She taught me to be excited for each little violet popping up around the yard and even in the sidewalk,
 


and to look in wonder each day at my chives as they grow and
I guard them from the deer.
 

She handed down the desire to know where my food comes from and to be excited for any food I can grow myself, so I watch my new orchard of apple,
 
 
and pear and plum trees,
 
 
and raspberries each and every day.


I'm sorry nothing was blooming when you came out Mom. Thanks for giving me this love of plants, those that grow things and those that have pretty blooms. 
Happy Mother's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment