Thursday, June 23, 2011

Detox from Traveling

After six days of traveling, my body needed good, healthy food.  It craved vegetables and calming food.  So last night. I made the following Roasted Vegetable and Arugula Salads w/ Toasted Pecan Goat Cheese Rounds.


Roasted Vegetable and Arugula Salads w/ Toasted Pecan Goat Cheese Rounds

Arugula:  I just washed the arugula (out of the garden) and tossed it with a light vinegrette dressing.

Roasted Vegetables:  I mixed up 2 T olive oil and 1 T balsamic vinegar with some salt and pepper and brushed it on a 2 whole portabella mushrooms and 1 cut up red pepper and grilled them.

Goat Cheese Rounds: Crushed some pecans.  Cut the goat cheese in rounds and coat with the pecans, by pressing into them.  I heated a nonstick skillet and set these in the skillet toasting the pecans and slightly warming the goat cheese.

Assemble as desired.

I also made a cold walnut and brown rice salad to go with this.  The dinner had good flavor.  It wasn't spicy, but it was tasty, and yet, calming on a sore stomach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment