Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lunch

First, I must address my blog header.  As you've noticed I have been playing with how my blog looks.  Please rest assured I am still in the process and will figure out how to make my header full-size, so there isn't a bunch of pink, but possibly not for a couple weeks. 

Now onto lunch. One of my favorite things about working at home is lunch.  It took me a few months to relax and realize I didn't need to feed Joe every day.  He doesn't eat much for lunch and often not the same as I.  So he knows he can ask, but now, we just break for lunch individually and it works great.  A huge benefit to me is I get to eat what I like and almost every day I saute up some vegetables. 

Today's lunch made me very happy.  I was lucky enough to go to the farmers market this weekend and while it's early - there are GREENS!  I bought enough Swiss Chard and Kale to feed a family of four for 2 weeks and I'm eating it in 3 days by myself.  And I splurged on some expensive greenhouse tomatoes that are really good.  The other thing I bought were farm fresh eggs in a variety of colors - even pretty pale green ones!

I am sure this would be very unexciting for most.  But all of these leads into today's lunch.  I knew today was Kale as I finished the Swiss Chard yesterday.   I sauteed up a little onion, garlic, and the chopped stems of the kale in a little olive oil.  Then I added the chopped fresh kale, salt and pepper, and covered it for about 10 minutes.   When it was really a brilliant green color and soft, I broke two eggs in there.



With a sliced tomato, this was heaven.  The tomato was perfect, no sugar or salt or anything on it.  Now that may look like a big plate of food, but I go by the rule that I can eat as many greens as I want - it just can't be bad for me!


Happy lunch to you all!  And to all a good afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment