Monday, September 19, 2011

Wyoming Range - Flowers

We hike in September because it's the best month to hike.  I make that statement because it's cooler; there are no bugs; and the streams and rivers we cross are low.  But to get these positives, you usually give up flowers.  Not this year!  This hike was magical with flower, all 83 miles of it.

We walked through field after field of flowers, all the streams were as colorful as you'll ever see with flowers up and down both sides.  I was constantly stopping to look at a new flower or admire a favorite.  There were yellow, purple, red, white, pink, blue and all shades within those colors.  Here are my attempts at capturing this beauty.

Even when I was really tired, I was constantly amazed at the flowers and the yellow flower - well I call these my Happy Flowers.  We would walk through fields of them and they'd come up almost to my waist.


It's hard to get good pictures of all the flowers mixed together.


It's hard to tell, but this field is all flowers.




Lupine.


My favorite, fireweed!

These are my Perky Flowers.



And we'll end this flower filmstrip with a little inspiration.  That's me standing on the top of that hill, taking a video.  Doesn't that just say "Never give up!"?

No comments:

Post a Comment