Friday, May 3, 2013

Time to Smell the Flowers

Well, that's enough meatloaf, but I don't quite have the time to type of some of the recipes I've been working on the past couple weeks and they still need a couple more tweaks and tests, so I've decided to share some of my favorite things from the past week.


Last weekend I was lucky enough to spend the weekend with my beautiful friend Debbie.  We got to take in the Garden of 1,000 Buddhas.


I barely fed Debbie after she got off the plane before we headed to the Garden.  I've been waiting for someone to visit this garden with me!


I look forward to enjoying this garden of peace and reflection over and over again.  It was the perfect start to a women's yoga retreat weekend.


We had a brief respite from spring, for a different type of May Day.  But within a day that welcome moisture was melted and we were back to spring.  Two nights of freezing temps didn't even seem to daze my first flowers.


I've been spending time in my new gardens, although the more time I spend, the more I realize I have yet to do before summer really takes hold! 


I am truly enjoying these first little flowers that I find as I clear out old growth.


Yesterday they really made me smile and relax into the sun, realizing just how lucky I am.  I've been making an effort to be kind to myself, have a little self-compassion.  What does that mean?  For me, it means to stop and smell the flowers.  To remember that whether the garden looks perfect now, in three weeks, or never - the flowers will still bloom.


I wish you all a weekend of self-compassion.  Find a reason to smile today and forgive yourself for not getting everything on your list done perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment