Tonight's pizza: steak, blue cheese, caramelized onions, and roasted tomatoes, of course with some garlic, herbs, and olive oil.
Very Rudimentary Directions for Grilling Pizza
- Roll out your dough, or swing it around your head if you are good at that sort of stuff, and put a little olive oil on it.
- Heat your grill to hot.
- Put the dough --oil side down-- on the grill for a few minutes. Just long enough so the bottom is not sticky.
- Flip it onto a cutting board with the cooked side up.
- Turn down the grill and head into the kitchen. By lowering the heat now, you have a better chance of heating your ingredients through, before burning the crust.
- Put your favorite toppings on the pizza crust.
- Put back on grill and close the lid until ingredients are heated through or cheese is melted.