Just to share, the highlight of my Denver trip was the amazing Whole foods. I so yearn for a store like that locally. I don't want to deal with the traffic every day, but I wish those stores would come to me! For dinner Wed night I was in my hotel room with the following:
- A wonderful local brew (IPA of course) from CO.
- A roasted yellow beet salad with arugula.
- The whole foods super salad (kale, blueberries, tomatoes, and a light lemon/oil dressing) - I could eat this every day!
- Oh, and some cauliflower curry and spinach tofu saag (indian).
- So many vegetables and flavors so little time....
Let's call this a Roasted Vegetable Lemon Chive Pasta. I washed the fresh greens , squeezed some fresh lemon juice and cracked some fresh pepper on them and grilled a couple small zucchini and sweet onion slices. Then I layered: Greens, topped with pasta (mixed w/roasted tomatoes), topped with onions and zucchini, topped with roasted walnuts and feta cheese. So loved this, if I were single I fear I would just eat vegetables all day long.. mostly roasted, but often raw.