Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Kitchen

I was standing in front of my cookbooks the other day and it occurred to me - there is a blog post here!  Of course, it was one of our normal blue sky days and it was hard to get good pictures!  The back wall of my kitchen is wonderful.  It has 2 garden windows perfect for sprouting seeds in March/April and a long set of black bakers shelves.  When we bought the house I knew immediately that was what I wanted to put there! But I have a dilemma...


You can see that the left shelves are taken up with what I refer to affectionately as toys.  I use them alot more when I can see them and remember them.  A good Saturday is often marked by how many kitchen toys I used!
 The shelves on the right are taken up by plants.  Trust me there are many more plants around the house helping me get rid of dust and acting as my ally in healthy air creation.

 But, the center is my favorite place.  All of these are cookbooks of various kinds.  I love them all, even those I haven't used.  I'm not much of a collector, but I will definitely have too many cookbooks someday.  The dilemma?  What do I get rid of, toys or plants, to fit more books!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I say toys. There must be another equally good spot somewhere.

    ReplyDelete