Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Yes, you guessed it, I did not pass up an opportunity to have a margarita this week on Thursday, May 5, otherwise known as Cinco de Mayo.  But, I, of course, had to challenge myself.  I wanted a Margarita but with very little, if any sugar.  I believe it is the sugar that causes the hangover - we must stop blaming that poor innocent Tequila! My friend Kim and I only had one each, as that was all that was needed, and it was a Thursday night.

I juiced two oranges and 15 limes (Joe helped with the limes) and followed a rough recipe of 2 oz Tequila, 1 oz Grand Marnier, 1 oz Orange Juice, and 2 oz. Lime Juice.  If you aren't crazy like me, you'll want to add some powdered sugar to that mix, but we thought it was pretty tasty.

I didn't go over board on food.  I just made a quick salsa with chopped tomato, chopped onion, cilantro, dash of salt, dash of cumin and lime juice and the following enchiladas. 

I told Joe we were having Black Bean, Corn and Zucchini Enchiladas, the very next thing out of his mouth was "What kind of enchiladas are we having?"  Meaning.... chicken or beef?  This recipe came from the May 2007 Cooking Light and can be found on Recipe Finder.  I added cilantro and onion to the vegetables, and we found it very tasty.  I also really liked the sauce from the recipe, but I"m sure you could use canned for quick and healthy enchiladas.


I really enjoy cooking and going out to eat with Kim because we both like the same food, lots of flavor and vegetables, only a little meat.

Happy first week of May everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment