Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pecan Pie

Those of you that know my husband, know he's a pie guy.  Unfortunately, with my attempts to eat low sugar he doesn't get as many pies as he deserves.  When it comes to Thanksgiving pie, he's also a Pecan Pie guy.  I made an attempt to satisfy both of our tastes here, and while this is a very good pie, I think I should just make two pies in the future. 



I obtained this pie from FoodBlogga's blog.  It's actually a pie from Dorie Greenspan, so that there tells you it is worth making!  It's called Dorie Greenspan's Thanksgiving Twofor Pie.  It's not just a pumpkin pie topped with pecans, it really has mixed the pumpkin and pecan fillings.  It is very good and Joe seemed happy, but the pecan filling piece made it way too sweet for me. 

I think I'll stick to my pumpkin in the future and just make Joe a real Pecan Pie.  But, for those of you that don't think "too sweet" is possible, try this pie!  I topped it with some Cinnamon Whipped Cream for Joe.


My head is starting to think it's baking season.  How many cookies I make, is really going to depend on how many I can give away as my office mates don't eat many these days!  Watch for more cookie and dessert postings coming up - along with a very happy husband I am sure!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Don't I count as your office mate? I can't wait until you start baking holiday cookies. I'm still eagerly waiting for you to "Please Repeat" my favorite pecan pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete