Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Season

While I'm sure there will be many more posts of soups and winter meals, in my head the holiday season has started so I thought it appropriate to dress up the last post of November as we head into the land of sweets.

I didn't put up as many decorations as usual but, I had to show my welcome sign.  I apologize, I'm thinking I got this from my mother-in-law, but if I'm wrong I'm sorry!  I've always loved this sign, but just had it sitting on a ledge in the past. This year the lack of stress has let through a few creative juices and I thought - but wait - I have the perfect place for it where the welcome sign normally is and I have some red raffia that will act as the perfect hanger.  Two minutes later - ta da!



I don't put up a tree every year because we always see one when we visit family.  No family this year, so I decided a tree was in order.  It's a little rough and I'm not sure how long the needles will last, but it's twinkly, gold, red, festive and makes me smile.



In the coming month, I wish everyone:
  • Time with friends and family
  • Laughter
  • Joy
  • Renewed energy
  • Time for self
  • A couple of your favorite cookies - don't settle for the ones that aren't important!
  • Reflection on the past and excitement for the future
  • And for us skiers......Snow, Snow, and more Snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment