Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cake Decorating Class #3

Well this past Monday was the third cake decorating class and we did cupcakes.  I had coconut cupcakes, made ahead when I made the coconut cake for last week - gotta love thinking ahead, and with a surprise chocolate filling.  I felt a little more positive about being able to make some presentable things after this class. 

So here we are, I didn't have trouble giving them away at this mornings Kiwanis meeting!

First, we practiced my dots and had lovely pink and white frosting because I was running out of the white and had added pink.  It worked well!

 Next we practiced the twisted flower.


 Rosettes or swirls,  hopefully rosettes, but I admit I can't really tell the difference!


Ah, the straight flower....


Now, can you tell this is a Shaggy Mum?



Can I tell you how many bags I had filled with different colored and textured frosting and how much clean-up there is!  Crazy!  Next week, our final exam, which includes Roses and a whole cake!

1 comment: