Sunday, February 27, 2011

Local Food and Good Music

It's been a week full of good friends for us.  We were down in Salt Lake City, balancing skiing and friendship.  It was the perfect way also to spend some together time for our Anniversary, which is today.

I thought I would share a couple highlights with you.

I got to do some shopping in Salt Lake City during the week and check out some of the local stores, in one of the stores I came across a free publication called edibleWasatch.  It is a great magazine that comes out 4 times a year in many communities across the country and focuses on the people and businesses in those communities that are playing a large part in their local food movement.  You learn about the restaurants that are purchasing and using local food and the people growing it.  I encourage you to check it out and see if there is one for your location!  http://www.ediblecommunities.com/content/   Oh yeah, there were seasonal recipes also!

On Saturday night we went to a concert with our friends.  The band playing was Elephant Revival, http://elephantrevival.com/.  I encourage you to check them out.  Each and every member is extremely talented and can sing and play multiple instruments, they merge a lot of different musical labels such as, bluegrass, folk, celtic, and more but all with an amazing form of energy.  We all enjoyed it!

Happy Anniversary to my dear husband, I cannot imagine life without him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment