Monday, February 14, 2011

Final Cake Decorating Class

Phew, I made it, tonight was the last cake decorating class. It was a hard day in general, but this added to it.  We had to come to class with a frosted cake ready to decorate.  In class we practiced writing and roses, neither of which I used on my final cake as I will need a bit more practice and stiffer icing for my roses.  But, they are doable!

There were definitely many cakes better than mine, but the class voted and determined mine was friend worthy, so I it didn't even make it home, I dropped it off at a friend's house!

This is a chocolate cake with whipped chocolate ganache filling between the layers.  The bottom layer is 9" and the top is 8".  If nothing else, I am proud that I made a chocolate cake with white icing and didn't have any problem with crumbs in my icing!



No comments:

Post a Comment