Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cake Decorating Class #2

Ok, well I'm going to share this whole, possibly embarrassing, adventure with you and we'll see if I improve.  As I was walking around class last night toward the end I was thinking, "Boy, I'd better step it up" and "I'm not sure I have the right kind of creativity to be a good cake decorator"....

The second thing I'm thinking is, I'm not sure if this cake decorating dream goes along with my lifestyle choice of healthy eating!  I've eaten more sugar in the past 4 days than in the whole past year and my body is telling me to stop.  The sugar is definitely not welcome.  I do miss an office I could take the goodies to so they would disappear!  But, if anything, I'm no quitter, so I'll complete this cake decorating dream and hopefully be able to make decent cakes for friends.  In the meantime, does anyone need a piece of cake?  Please stop by!

Here's what we have learned so far:
  1. How to make icing in different thicknesses - I find it to be very similar to judging the slump of concrete!
  2. Icing the cake, without getting crumbs all over, and so it is nice and even.
  3. Stars
  4. Lines
  5. Elongated blobs
  6. Squiggly lines
Behold my first cake, a Coconut cake with Chocolate Coconut Frosting.  It is good.  But I humbly put this picture up here thinking - the view is not good - I hope I get better!


Next week - cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment