Saturday, February 19, 2011

Travel and Garlic

It was another week of travel, this week to Oklahoma City.  Somehow the travel and work piled on for me this week and I was really overwhelmed by Friday.  Maybe you know that feeling ... all the things we feel like we need to do swirling around in our head from work to the exercise I know will make me feel better to the house cleaning that needs to be done, but no energy to do them; tired of eating, but no energy to think about cooking something.  So, yesterday I wallowed, but today I had to pull out of it - at least somewhat! 

So after sleeping for 9 1/2 hours, I started the day with spinning class.  It's hard to ignore those amazing endorphins that come from spinning class!  Then I ignored the computer, which I should have worked at all day, and went to my kitchen to attack a project I've been meaning to accomplish.  I still had lots of garlic from the garden last year but it was starting to sprout.  So I went about chopping it up and putting it in a glass jar layered with olive oil.  A good way to keep it and make it easier to use in the coming months.



I spent hours today, only interrupted by a wonderful lunch with a good friend, peeling and chopping garlic.  The smell is wafting up to me as I type and while, I may smell like garlic for a few days, I accomplished and completed one thing on my list today!  I will try to revel in that accomplishment, versus everything I did not accomplish.

One good thing about my trip this week was I got to go for a warm walk on Wednesday, after working all day, and I walked to the OK City Bombing Memorial.  I got there right before sunset and here you can see a group of the chairs, that represent the people that died on each floor of the building, right after the lights came on, with the reflection pond in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment