Friday, August 9, 2013

Morsels of Mindful Living



Joe and I sit next to each other on the concrete seating in Caras Park.  It's a Wednesday mid-day.  I've just finished an excellent Pilates class and Joe picked me up and we came downtown to this week's "Out to Lunch" event.  We had just grabbed two spots to sit and listen to The Clumsy Lovers play and I pause...

I feel ...

The warmth of the sun as it hits my head and the backs of my bare arms. 
The warmth of the concrete on which I just sat.
That my legs are slightly tired and wobbly from Pilates class.
That I'm hungry!

I smell...

The scents of the many food items for sale, including the wood fired pizza, not far from us, and the spicy scents from the many Asian food carts.
The river as it flows behind us.

I hear...

The instruments, especially the banjo and fiddle player as they move through the music. 
The melodic, friendly, and upbeat voice of the female singer.
The laughter of the children on the lawn between us and the band dancing to the music.
The conversation of the two friends behind us catching up.
A shout as a woman calls out to a group walking by and jumps up to hug people she hasn't seen in awhile.

I feel...  Very thankful. 

Thankful that Joe and I can both enjoy this venue and take time out on a Wednesday.
Thankful that we live here, in this town, with these amazing and talented people.

Every Wednesday from 11 AM to 2 PM Missoula has live music, food, and kids activities downtown.  Such a great town.

No comments:

Post a Comment