Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Treat #5: Peanut Butter Fudge

I'm in a candy mood this Christmas.  It's best that way, I'm not very interested in eating candy, only making it.  This is the easiest fudge ever and Joe gave it high compliments.  Of course, he's just high on sugar at this point, so....   Most of you know I love peanut butter, no I am not exaggerating.  It is the only thing I feel the need to give up regularly - for a couple days - just to prove I can.  But I am picky, I won't even touch the stuff with sugar in it.  Just plain ground peanuts for me please!


Peanut Butter Fudge
1 cup smooth peanut butter ( I used natural peanut butter with no sugar)
1 cup unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pound powdered sugar

Line the bottom and sides of an 8x8x2 inch pan with aluminum foil or wax paper.

Place the peanut butter, butter, and salt in a large microwavable bowl and cook in the microwave for two minutes on high.  Stir and continue to microwave (if needed) until the ingredients are completely melted.  Stir in the vanilla and powdered sugar.  Spread the fudge into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with an offset spatula or spoon.  Cover and place in the refrigerator until cool. 

Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

Notes:  I may try chunky peanut butter next time and a little less powdered sugar.  But I think by using the natural peanut butter that adds to the peanut flavor and keeps it from being too sweet.

I think I got this recipe from joyofbaking.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment